We will be getting together the day before the first full moon of the year to set intentions for 2019.
Please come if you are interested in setting the foundation for this to be your most pleasurable year yet.
The focus of this event is to create a vision board that represents the pleasures that you wish to call in this year. (For those uninitiated in the sacred art of vision boarding, a vision board is more or less a piece of cardboard that you paste images onto in a way that is visually pleasing to you. Often these images are cut out of magazines.) We will begin with some conversations about pleasure and end by sharing our visions with each other.
We find that having a vision board that you really resonate with, sitting somewhere you will see it on a daily basis, can be extremely useful for staying accountable to your vision. For instance, our vision board in our room helps us to remember our relationship goals and judge decisions based upon how they fit with those goals. We hope that by the end of this event, everyone will walk away with a powerful tool of accountability, intention and pleasure.
Feel free to BYOM (Bring Your Own Magazines) if you want, but you do not have to, as we will bring A LOT (think two big boxes).
Please arrive and settle in between 1:15 and 1:30 as we will begin promptly at 1:30. We will end at 4:00 pm, but we will be chatting and cleaning until 4:30.
We invite you to read our beliefs page before coming to get a general idea of how we operate.
- This event is not about sex. While we are a sex positive community, sex is not the focus -- pleasure is. During this event NO sexual activity is permitted and there will be no mandatory physical touch.
- Be mindful of the people around you and the fact that we are all triggered by different things. This doesn’t mean you should tip toe around sensitive topics, but does mean that you should walk into those topics with intention and care.
- We are looking to create an environment that is loving and supportive for all people. That said, we do not tolerate violent and oppressive words or actions.
- We ask that you leave the room to use your phone as well as keeping your phone on vibrate for the duration of the event.
- We ask that you show up for the entire duration of the event (1:30pm to 4:00pm), as coming and going will disrupt the container we are attempting to create.
- We must follow all the rules laid out by the library. Some we aren’t in love with ourselves, (no bare feet?) but it is a free, accessible venue, so for now, we will comply.
- Please come well fed. While we would love to bring lots of yummy snacks, the library has rules against eating in the room we reserved.
- Please bring water. Nothing works well when you are thirsty. :)
Our event will be taking place in the Meeting Room at the Capitol Hill Branch of the Seattle Public Library. That being said we know:
-There is at least one single-occupant all-gender restroom.
- There are multi-stall single-gender restrooms.
- All library locations, restrooms and meeting rooms are accessible.
- There are designated accessible parking spaces are available.
- There are automatic doors at all main entrances.
- There is elevator access to all levels.
If there are ways we can make the space more accessible for you, please let us know. We would love to help shape a welcoming space for your body and your needs.
- There is free parking available.
. . .
See you the day before the full moon! Just watch the moon cycle every night, you’ll know when to show up! ;)